Saturday 5 April 2014

Finishing Ninja Tune Placement

A month of working online for Ninja Tune has taught me a few things about independent labels, viral marketing, and online promotion however that discussion will be saved for the next post where I will hopefully manage to accurately reflect and evaluate my time there and what skills have been improved or even discovered. This post will be a quick summary and closing statement over what I have done in the final days.

I have continued to promote and share online using a web of social media pages (with help from friends and others) Mr Scruff has proven to attract the biggest response, much to the pleasure of the NT promo reps. who have seemed pleased with my efforts and screen shots etc... I have continued to promote despite feeling I have done enough work to discuss in my essay and presentation. I am hoping that I will hopefully be trusted with more work, opportunities and will be involved in the street team work when some eventually comes around. This is in the hope that it might happen before the essay is due to be submitted as I will then have even more to talk about. I will have more experience which is good for myself and career aspirations but also in the reflective section of this module will have a much easier time. With out any chances to work in a team, communicate with an audience or potential listeners verbally I fear I may not be able to tick all the boxes. In hind sight I should have persisted in applying and hunting a placement, how ever I settled with Ninja Tune promotion and stayed under the impression that more work would be available soon. If not in this blog then it can be discussed later in the final module essay and improve my ability to explore what I have learnt. Perhaps there is still a chance in the placement to conduct some work that will improve the skills I need to gain employment in this particular field of the music industry.

My hopes were to work on the street team and improve the skills relevant to the tasks involved there. I am aware I need to improve my verbal communication and team work abilities. I feel that there has been a missed opportunity to greatly improve these skills and tick all the boxes and requirements of the module. These are areas I feel I could have reflected upon and discussed the most but have had no opportunity to do so. Perhaps in the future I will land a better placement or job in this field as I have realised this is something I am interested in and enjoy. So far the NT promotion representatives seem pleased with my efforts in their email replies. I will continue this work and the upcoming street team work until the final essay submission but will begin searching elsewhere now!





No comments:

Post a Comment