Thursday 3 April 2014

Requesting More Work

While it has been an interesting experience and I feel that I have helped Ninja Tune which is rewarding for both the satisfaction and insight, I also wish that there were opportunities to conduct more physical promotion; Street team work, flyers, making or putting up posters, handing out stickers, team work an operation with other like-minded members of the promotion team etc... In one hand the internet seems like an obvious tool to reach out to a new audience and build a core fan base consisting of people from all across the global. Yet, at the same time so many independent labels, artists or event promoters either depend on the same idea or have no choice but to rely on social media and generic link sharing that music forums, and social media pages are becoming saturated with waves of links, invites or requests. It is becoming difficult to stand out. I have learned that people do not generally respond to such attempts at reaching out and I feel that the street team side of promotion combined with online work would be much more affective

Unfortunately, after several requests to Ninja Tune there was no luck in finding any further work. They continue to send emails about link sharing for their artists, which I have continued to do so, but the only information I have regarding my requests for more challenging work is that they "will be running two HUGE poster/sticker campaigns over the next few weeks for Mr. Scruff 'Friendly Bacteria' and Kelis 'Food'. Will those be of interest to you?" Sadly there has been no further information related to this sticker/ poster campaign but I am still optimistic that something will come up soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment